Sunday, May 1, 2016

Old Idaho State Pen: Series 1


I wanted to go to the Old Idaho State Pen because I was interested in the prison.  It was shocking to read about the youngest prisoner who was 11 years old.  He was charged with 2nd Degree Murder for shooting his Mom in the back of the head because she asked him to do his laundry.

These are the first of many black and white pictures taken on an overcast day in April.


The burnt out shell of the dining hall


Solitary confinement window


Northeast guard tower


Northeast guard tower


Solitary confinement 


Shower vent in solitary confinement


Between the oldest cell blocks on the Pen grounds


The second oldest cell block






4 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing Awesome pics...good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Auntie Em. I have fun taking pictures.

      Delete
  2. Good eye, dude! What kind of equipment are you using to take the photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nellie Blue. I am using an iPhone 5 and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Mostly though, I just use my phone.

      Delete