Saturday, May 7, 2016

Old Idaho State Pen: Series 2


More black and white images.  I felt sorry and sad for the people on death row.  When I was looking at the gallows, I felt strange because I knew someone had died there.  



Dining Hall seen between the two oldest cell blocks, The Territorial Prison, and the "New Cell House".


Behind the cells on Death Row.


Looking out on the Basketball court from Cell House 5.


Steps leading down to drop room in the gallows in Cell House 5.  The gallows were built and then used only once.


Cell House 4


Cell House 4



  Between the cells on the ground floor in Cell House 4.


Looking at the Barber Shop and the Trusty Dorm.


Burnt out Territorial Prison.  


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful black and white photos! Theres's a kind of geometric perspective which pushes us to the picture. I like it very much. It's curious that photo number 9 reminds me some places here in the south of Portugal.
    Thanks for your talent, little friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your great input and observation of my photos, I really appreciate it. I will keep it in mind for future pictures I take. That's interesting about number 9, that a place in Idaho can be like a place in Portugal! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete